The Knighthood has been incorporated in accordance with the Austrian Association Act and it is registered as a legal entity. This is the legal basis of the Knighthood.
The following facts rise the Knighthood to the proximity of the historical order:
- The cultish-mystical centre
The centre of the Knighthood is based on the symbol of our faith; the full motto is: “IN HONOREM DEI et IN HONOREM VINI”; the Knighthood of the Vine follows citations from the Bible concerning wine.
- The Christian and philosophic-ethical value system which is manifested in historically proven structures (Roman Empire; imperial free cities).
- The furthering of ideal, Christian, charity, social and cultural as well as scientific and social values and work; noble mentality and fostering noble, knightly friendship.
- The elitist principle in the selection of Confederates – elitist Confederates forma knightly elite.
- The knight’s constitution, namely
– Aristocratic nobility: NOBILITY (aristocratic democracy)
– Continuing Senate offices: CONTINUITY (senator aristocracy)
– Collegial Consuls: COLLEGIALITY (consular executive)
– Equal Confederates: EQUALITY (democracy based on equality)